Intertextual Connections


The Corporate University

Mr Ee Senior has been making numerous pit stops in my room for the past few days. He has been expressing a certain major concern over one of our members, which I shall not reveal here. To some, I have shared more personally with you about the current situation.

Anyway, dad has been taking away my sleep time because he is really drilling the bolts into the issue and also chatting about my work. I am very happy where I'm at the moment. I couldn't ask for more. Great people, a lot of room to develop, handling a project that is exciting and a chance to learn new skills too. In a breeze, mum would always ask, "Are you happy at work? Do you really like this job? Are you at any point stressed up?". I simply reply, "Nopes...everything is just great!" (in my mind, I am not working for Senior, that's like a major relieve already :p)

However, I did share the same view on my work path with my dad. I had expressed my concern on wanting to develop strongly in my current job for the 3 years. To do things well and with excellence. My dad just said, "Consider this university, your management trainee position for 6 months is like your first semester, do well and do swell". I couldn't agree more, honestly. I am taking that same approach exactly.

What approach was that?

The approach where you have to make choices and cut out certain activities or anything else. The reason being is because time investment is being allocated majorly toward the corporate university. I need my rest and time for reflection. Being the INFJ that I am, I really need to recharge evermore under the 'I' quadrant. One person commented, "I though you're energizer bunny and social butterfly kind of dude". Well, yeah I am, I can be but that's not the whole of me. Honestly, I am in the zone where I just want to come home after work, have a good shower, have my dinner, and read a book before bed. That's it, no fuss and over the top activities.

So, don't be surprised with my new priorities. It's just life and just choices and decisions we all have to make sometime. I think I have spent enough doing a lot of other things and for others alone, but there must be a sense of balance and I'm not going compromise the most important quality of work performance or my lifestyle for it. We're all adults anyway.

Grow up. Slow down.

0 Responses to “The Corporate University”

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.